Firestorm TP problem

Duke Parkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this subject has been discussed already, but a search returned nothing relevent.

I log in either at the last place i was or at home, and i then TP anywhere i arrive with no problem.

BUT if i then decided to go anywhere else, im logged out during TP
I get a message saying im logged out read IMs or Quit ...bla bla

Its always like this... i get one free TP when i log in, and then thats it!

I joined the Support group and they pointed me to a wiki guide ... nothing helped :(
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

I've never had that particular problem, but... Try some of these suggestions (apologies if this is from the same wiki page that you were sent to, which I suspect it is):

• Having your bandwidth set too high is a frequent cause of TP failure. Go to PreferencesNetwork & Cache and set bandwidth to 300, and see if that improves things. If it does, you can increase gradually, up to a maximum of 1500. Please refer to this page for information on determining your optimum bandwidth setting.
  • Mac users: If you crash or get logged out on all or most TPs, then you may need to add new DNS numbers in System Preferences on your Mac, especially if you are experiencing other issues like an empty friends list or trouble viewing rigged mesh. Please see the “Mac-specific” section of this page for instructions.
  • If you are using a firewall, try disabling it temporarily and seeing if that improves things. Norton products in particular have been known to severely impair various SL functions, including teleports and texture rezzing, but the same issues may appear with other firewalls as well.
  • Check your network performance. Go to Help → About Firestorm and scroll to the bottom of the window. There you will see something like “Packets Lost: 191/34581 (0.6%).” You would like to see this number as close to zero as possible. If this is more than a few percent, that is a likely cause for TP failure. You may have a poor connection to your ISP, or it might be that the sim you are on is overloaded and responding poorly. You can also view realtime packet loss in your Statistics Bar (Ctrl-Shift-1; if this does not open, make sure your Advanced menu is open with Ctrl-Alt-D and try again).
  • Right-click your tag or a non-prim part of your avatar and select Script Info. If the number of scripts reported is in the triple digits, then it might be causing the TP fail. Try removing scripted prims. To determine which attachments contain the most scripts, go to World → Parcel Details, click Script Info at the bottom and then Avatar at the top. This will list your scripted attachments with their size in memory (not number of scripts) to help you know what to try removing first.1) Note that UNscripted prims have no effect on TP failing.2)
  • If you have teleport screens disabled, try turning them back on: Preferences → Firestorm → General → Disable Teleport Screens … make sure it is NOT checked.
  • from the top menu, open Develop and disable HTTP Inventory. (Press Ctrl-Alt-Q to enable the Develop menu if you do not already have it enabled.)
  • If nothing above helps the issue, then there may be a problem with your connection, especially if you were seeing high packet loss. Log off and try resetting your router/modem. Unplug it for a minimum of two minutes. If it has a battery backup, remove the battery as well. It does not hurt to reboot your computer at this time. After at least two minutes have passed, plug the router/modem back in and/or replace the battery and log back in.

I'm no stranger to that problem. TPs timing out and failing you. This sounds like a bandwith problem on your side. So check your internet connection and find out if it's stable and  fast enough to support you in SL. Speedtest.net works as a first indicator of your connection's ability. If local tests return ok try a test to either San Franciso/CA or Dallas/TX and see if your ping and speed are still okay. If you are a bit geekish you can do a tracert. If you see bad results from the 2nd hop onwards you must log a complaint with your ISP/last mile provider.

Thanks for the help, ill try a few things.... i could also try the official viewer too and see if that has the same problem?

its very strange, i never used to have this problem was on SL almost daily for years... ive taken a years break and updated viewer etc, now this?
Ive had the same ISP through all this time too.

I play World of warcraft and dont have any connection problems there...so i presumed it must be SL only related.
Like i say ill keep trying :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4100 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.