I would have the ability to change people's environment when they came to my parcel.

Luckystarcute

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

.I would have the ability to change people's environment when they came to my parcel. I want it to automatically change it so they can see a sky that i have made. they had me enter the sky in About Land in a format. this works..for me to see it, but others are not seeing what i am seeing. Can you tell me what is wrong?

4 answers to this question

Choosing environment settings for a region

If you are an estate manager of a region, you can choose the region's environment settings:

1. Choose World > Place Profile > Region/Estate.
  2. Click the Environment tab.

To use the default Second Life environment and day cycle, click Use Second Life default.

To use custom settings, click Use the following settings, then:

1. In the Water Settinglist, choose a water preset . This updates what you see, but the change is not yet permanent or visible to others.
    2. For Sky/Day Cycle, chose either:
      Fixed Sky, and choose a sky preset to be displayed regardless of the Second Life time.
      Day cycle, and choose a day cycle preset. This also updates what you see, but the change is not yet permanent or visible to others.
    3. Click Apply to make your selections permanent; they will then affect anyone in the region.

Click Cancel or close the window before clicking Apply to return the region environment to its previous settings.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Region-environment-settings/ta-p/999713#Ch...

your sky setting only changes what YOU see.  Other people will see different.  You might send people a message when they come to your parcel to say 'please change your sky setting to (what it is)'.  Also you might use a big dome (half sphere) as a false sky, maybe scripted to move like a real sky.

I think that only works if the other person is using Firestorm (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) and they have it configured to apply Windlight settings automatically.

Note: I believe the third Parcel Windlight option (Auto apply WL settings from any parcel) is disabled by default.

Firestorm / Windlight Tab

• Automatically change environment to use region/parcel settings: If enabled, your WL settings will change if you TP into a region that has windlight region-level windlight settings. This is the same as top menu bar → World → Environment Editor → Environment Settings → Always use parcel/region settings.
  • Crossfade region environment sky presets changes made from quick prefs: Dynamically transitions sky settings.
  • Crossfade region environment water presets changes made from quick prefs: Dynamically changes water settings.

Phoenix WL Share (Experimental)

• Use Phoenix Parcel Windlight sharing (Experimental): Enables parcel level windlight sharing.
    • Auto apply WL settings from friend's land: If enabled the viewer will automatically see the windlight settings (no prompt) on a friends land if set.
    • Auto apply WL settings from my groups' land: If enabled the viewer will automatically see the windlight settings (no prompt) on group land if they are set.
    • Auto apply WL settings from any parcel: If enabled the viewer will automatically see the windlight settings (no prompt)on all parcels with it set by the owner.
    • Crossfade region environment changes for Parcel WL: Allows for dynamic changes between WL settings when a region with WL settings has parcels with their own, different, settings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.