Importing .dae Mesh Problem(Scaling wise)

Syngravez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hullo people! , i have a slight problem which i'm quite annoyed at and i can't find a way of fixing this.

I've made some sunglasses in Blender 2.6x which is in parts. Now i've created Materials & UVmap texture and such on.

I've imported an default MaleAvatar.obj so i could scale down the size of the glasses. to correct size to the Avatar.

So what i do is select the part then go to Object> Apply > Roation & Scale , then i export the selected part as an .dae with Collada. I import the model in world and it changed it size to 1.0x  so it's not  the correct size as i wanted it to be.

When it's imported as the size 1.0x in world it's perfect as it's in blender but obviously an different size to what i have in Blender, when i scale it down smaller  it loses it's detail ? like for example it stretches outwards and does not look right at all , and it seems to get bolder so it just looks horrible.

I've tried different ways of making the prim smaller whilst in the Uploading Model options i tried using the scaler to small , yet but some how that scaled it to proper size but it's doing that weird stretch thing again.

Does anyone know how to fix this little problem at all?

Thanks!!

Syngraves

P.S: If anyone needs to see Images for this problem i will add them in.

If some parts of your glasses are to small (minimum SL object size is 0.01 meter/ 1 cm) that part will get blown up ,to awoid that problem  join small parts to bigger part an they wont be distorted when uploaded in SL.

Example your mentioned glasses,small screws that hold handles are way smaler than minimum SL size,they will end up blown up in SL after upload,solution,join screws to glasses in blender.You can set up to 8 separate materials per each mesh object and have 8 textures on it so texturing wont be a problem.

• Like 1

You can create separate UV for each part you plan to join to awoid blow up issue,set different material for each part keeping in mind 1 joined mesh object can have 8 materials/UVs/textures maximum,than when imported in SL you can apply your baked AOs to each coresponding part on your model easy. Or you can join objects and unwrap all together to get ewerything on 1 UV,that might need lil bit more work to get simple UV to texture later but if you dont care where what goes on UV and need only baked shaddowmap you can use smart unwrap. Again dont forget setting materials to your parts so you can change colours on each after its in SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.