HELP WITH SAMS BROADCASTER

MikeSabbath

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If you are trying to stream directly from your PC without a stream host. Then you "MAY" have issues . Your ISP (internet service provider) will block incoming connections to your stream if trying to stream directly from your PC on specific ports. specially HTTP . But when the button doesn't work in world. It means it is either blocked. Or not running...

You can find inexpensive stream hosting services in world for a fraction of the cost of Rl world  hosting services. Just use search and search "stream host"

When you ask these technical questions it is best to provide all the information possible because there are several scenarios that can cause it to not work.

You can edit your question by clicking the options tab on the top right of the post or click the permalink button down below to add a comment

Mike,

I wrote a detailed guide for DJing and Streaming into SL a bit ago. Here is the link to it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Any-help-trying-to-start-a-radio-station-and-using-autoplay-for/qaq-p/1560671

You didn't offer any details on the relay service you were using to share your music vis-a-vis an IP address & port. The choice of a relay service is important. Yes you can host the relay service on your own equipment but this is usually not recommended since you will need to allow pinholes through your router to your server hosting your service of choice. As a DJ in SL I use an external D.N.A.S. service to minimize my bandwidth use and to allow my SL session to also run on the PC I'm running SAM on.

Please let me know if this is helpful to your situation.

Please update your question as follows with a status update:

Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.