Opinions on the AX Flying Fox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. Been thinking of getting Anthroxtacy's Flying Fox avatar, but still unsure about it. So, I'm wondering about anyone who might have it and their opinions about it. Would be nice to know how easy it is to modify [mostly with the head] and how much 3rd-party stuff that are available for it [like skin textures and accessories]. Tried looking up reviews, but didn't find anything truly helpful. It's usually better to directly get information, anyway.

Hi Zeega,

welcome to the forums :-)

First off : I don't have specific informations about the flying fox avatar as I don't have that one. But some thoughts might be helpful even then...

Modding the avatarhead can be quite a task. The shape is defined by sculpties which you can't modify except for size maybe. Since you won't get the source-files for blender or whatever 3D-software AX is using, you won't be able to start your new head-shape based on the on you get with the avatar. Reexturing the head isn't quite easy too since the makers tend to optimize the textures by combining several textures for the various components into one texture and appliing them with various offsets and repeat-factors. You can retexture individual prims though - i.e. if you like to have a red nose ;-)

Reworking the skin would be creating a whole new skin for your avatar as you won't get a texture you can download to your computer, modify and upload again. You might be able to use one of the very good and freely available templates for human skins though. Those are layered PSD-files (for Photoshop) or The Gimp. If you only want to add some features to the skin but keeping it otherwise unchanged, you might do so with the tatoo-layer. Whatever is visible on this layer is superimposed on the skin.

I hope this can get you started and feel free to ask more specific questions ;-)

Thanks a lot for the info.

Well, in terms of making changes to the head, all I really wonder is how much I'm able to re-size it in-world [especially the ears]. I've come across several things I've purchased that can be made bigger but not shrunk, which can be a concern for my extremely picky nature [haha]. In terms of skin textures, I just wanna know what my options are [if any] to buy in the market. I've done a lot of searching and found nothing, but I wonder if they just aren't listed on the site or something. The avatar's default skins aren't really to my personal liking, haha.

If all else fails, I might just get the KZK Fox. Seems to have way more 3rd-party options.

As far as I know the AX Flying Fox doesn't have any specific mods, guess its not popular enough among the crowd of people that is really into modding their avatars. KZK has instead many many modd options when it comes to skins, just make sure the get an alpha for the legs, if you buy their fox. Their avatars still come with invisiprims and thats a bit outdated, but easy to solve. I had one of the Kinzart foxes on another avatar some time ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.