May I send notices without ask to my contacts first?

Bimala1488314696

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good afternoon to all. 

I have bought one product it sends notices to my contacts in Second Life. This product is not a subscriber, it keeps the avatar name in some list, so, I have added to my friends (I have more than 200)

1)      May I send notices when I host some event of music, when I wish them send them cards, gifts, congratulation, etc., without ask them before? Exists some protocol? Because some friend told me that Linden Lab could banned me if someone report me like spam woman.

In my daily routine I receive many notices about people I have not met in any place and I just read or erase and in any moment was upset for that.

Thank you very much for your kind attention..you will excuse my little English, I hope you can understand me properly.

Best regard

Bimala tagore

2 answers to this question

The protocol is to create a Second Life Group.

In the Charter for the Group, state the reason why you formed the Group.

Send Invitations to Residents on your friends list.

In the invitation, state that you sent the Invitation, because they are in your Friends List.

In the Group, you may send as many notices as you need to send.

Using the product you purchased, may lead to Residents reporting you for spam.

• Like 1

Only send invitations and unsocilited messages to people you know what them, people who have /told/ you it's okay.

If you send out notices to people at random, whether or not they're on your friends list or not, is spam, and is in fact against the TOS. You'd be nothing more than the annoying telemarketer on the phone nobody likes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.