am I able to hide my online status?

hellrazor68

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Yes and No. You can hide your online status from your friends by going to their permissions and checking off "friend can see me online". You can hide your online status from everyone else on the viewer preferences (I believe it is under privacy) check where it says "only friends can see me online".

However...big BUT, people can still see you online with scripted objects like online status boards or if they are in your groups they can still see you online.  Bottom line is NO you can never really totally appear offline. Just get an alt.

• Like 2

Please be aware that there is a bug in the friends list on the Dashboard that allows friends know you're hiding your online status from them. If you have hidden your online status from a friend and you are online, your name will disappear from the friend's Dashboard list so it's obvious what you've done (well assuming the friend knows about the bug, otherwise he/she may just wonder why your name is missing and send an IM...oops, now the friend really does know you're hiding your online status!).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.