media on prim video playback

Syaoran Nyoki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all. I want to play an embedded webpage video file (my own) on a prim, but I want it to be playing for a group of avatars at once. I mean like a movie theater or a video presentation might behave. I start it and it is the same start time for everyone. Right now each person has to click the play button like a YouTube video might behave. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

1 answer to this question

If you are showing the video on your own parcel, it's probably easier to use parcel media instead of MOAP. Parcel media is streamed, so each user will see the same thing. Take a look at the description and video tutorials here for how to set it up >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Parcel-media/ta-p/700097#Section_.8

Hello,

due to a (known) bug, the system to auto-play shared media (via script) doesn't work yet.

I recommend using a streaming website (something like a free video streaming provider or any other ) or a webcast, to make sure that everyone is seeing the same at the same time, no matter when they actually join.

Every user can choose individually whether he wants media to auto-play or not in his preferences, so there's no option for you to ensure that noone will have to clicke the board/wall/screen to start the playback.

So: use a webcast host (like a free video streaming provider or any other) and just put the url to that stream-website on the in-world screen in Second Life (or do what Syaoran said, that way you could even use your own PC as an icecast server, with sufficient upload bandwidth).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.