Looking for some work experience?

20s

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure how this will float..

I've been on second life now for nearly two years but I have never had a job. I've applied for so many jobs with no response. All my friends get jobs so easy, which is kind of intimidating. I'm starting to think that it may be my lack of experience with second life jobs, therefore I'm looking for some experience, for a couple of weeks or so. I do not expect pay at all. I'm open to most types of jobs - Don't want to be too picky. Unfortunately I only have weekends to spend on second life, and won't be on fully until the new year. I'm in college studying art and design along with art history and appreciation, so if that helps, possibly some sort of art related job?

Contact in world :) Thanks.

A Good way to start out with experience is to look outside the box. I honestly did this when I was new to SecondLife and just recently started attempting to work at it again.  It's pretty fun and very rewarding work and it doesn't come super easy either, you have to work for it ^-^ You can read about it here http://shikostravels.webs.com/apps/blog/

If you have any question feel free to shoot them my way ^-^ 

Sometimes people will overlook lack of job experience if they see that you are willing to work.

Do you fill out your applications out entirely?
Do you follow up with people to see if they receieved your application if you have not heard from them?
When you go  on interviews, do you dress appropriately for the job?
Would the interviewer get an impression that you want to work, or do you seem distant and/or bored?
Do you engage your interviewers in coversation, or are you ready to go as soon as they stop asking you questions?

I think if you are unable to find any sort of job, it's something you aren't/are doing that is giving off a bad vibe to prospective employers. Even in this message, you give off the vibe of being flakey, because you aren't sure of when you will be on. So maybe when they ask you for time committment you give off this same vibe, and they they just choose to go with someone else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.