Blog about SL games and SL game mechanics

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Dwarfins - a community building breedable game

This week-end the game developers team Simul8 Studios has released a new community building game:"The Dwarfins". The game is based on the concept of SL breedables. So far I haven't possessed a breedable in SL. But I was a proud owner of a tamagotchi twenty years ago and I liked the game concept a lot.

http://sl-playinstinct.blogspot.be/2012/12/the-dwarfins-community-building.html

Second Life hunts - It is a game

Do you remember the thrills of a scavenger hunt in your youth? Have you dreamed of finding a message in a bottle leading you to a hidden treasure? Were you fascinated by the riddles that the protagonists of adventure books solve during their treasure hunt? Then you'll understand the success of Second Life hunts. There is a good reason why the "The Hunt & Hunters Resource Centre" is one of the top entries in the games section of the SL destination guide.

http://sl-playinstinct.blogspot.be/2012/12/second-life-hunts-it-is-game.html

Electrobit City

Electrobit City which brings the world of "Jump and Run" games to Second Life. Arriving at the landing point of Electrobit City makes you feel like stepping into a Mario game. Other areas and their landscapes are a modern mesh interpretation and recreation of ancient jump and run environments.

http://sl-playinstinct.blogspot.be/2012/10/electrobit-city-jump-and-run-in-second.html

The Garden - SL as a graphic adventure game

"The Garden" is one of the most innovative games that have been developed for SL so far. The game solution will change with each game round ensuring players interest for a long time. "The Garden" is an outstanding example of SL games that residents can develop as a team.

http://sl-playinstinct.blogspot.be/2012/12/the-garden-sl-as-graphic-adventure-game.html

Loki's The Well - An SL experience

With "The Well" experience - which opened at Halloween - Loki Elliot aims to present players a haunted place that really scares people: The idea is that a boy fell down a well, a rescue team was sent down rescue the boy but have not been heard of since. The experience lives up to that promise. It is one of the most scaring places and if you do not get spooked at least once down there, then you are one hard-boiled person.

http://sl-playinstinct.blogspot.be/2012/12/lokis-well-sl-experience.html

• 2 weeks later...

@ Charlotte: Thanks for the comment!   :D

@ Robster: Wow, this game looks really exciting. I will definately blog about it. Unfortunately I am very busy in RL at the moment and I only can do 1-2 blog posts per week. And there is already some games waiting to be reviewed. I should be able to do write about it until the end of January. I will also send you a notecard with some questions in-world ASAP.

In the last 10 days I wrote about the following topics:

VE-Soccer. A football video game in Second Life. When I visited the VE-Soccer "A111 stadium" and I was surprised how appealing the game-play was for a game scripted in LSL. The movements seem to be based on motion capture animations and the controls are allowing many different moves, shots and actions. I have made a little video of my impressions posted on the blog. When looking at the basic moves, VE-Soccer comes quite close to the experience of the famous soccer video game franchises.

An MMO Snowball fight game in Second Life. I found a snowball fight version of "counter strike" on the SL marketplace. Since that moment I almost can't wait for the winter season. I still don't win the snowball fight games but I feel a great joy when hitting a "professional" gamer with a cold and wet snow ball. It doesn't matter if you are a professional 3D shooter gamer or if you so far avoided such games because you can't see any blood. This MMO shooter will be a great fun for everyone. See you in my yard and don't forget to put on warm winter clothes.

Role-playing in Second Life (Part 1)It is obvious why Second Life is a promising platform for virtual RPGs. The SL regions can be modeled to immersive sceneries and worlds. Our avatars can visually embody our role-play identity. And what most people don't realize: by creating, developing and refining our avatar,  our alter ego within Second Life, we are already role-playing - even if if we never visit intentionally an RPG platform in SL. Read in my introduction to SL role-play why I think that the most common SL specific role-play archetype is probably the "fashionista".

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.