touchanimator

Bhakta Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks interesting, but I'd personally wait for more programs to come out. Much of what I saw in the video, I don't really like. For instance, I don't like how the seleted part is denoted. I see the camera movements as too tedious. I don't like how you rotate the parts. There doesn't seem to be a graph/curve editor. I did like that 3d movement symbol that you can manipulate. Take note, I've not tried any of this, and I don't own a tablet. I'm just not willing to invest in something that manufactures won't stick a 1 terabyte hard drive into, lol. Plus, I'd never buy an Apple product. A good example is that 1 person in the comments to the video talks about all kinds of problems they were having. The response from the creator was that some of the fixes are done but it's all awaiting approval by Apple. I just don't like it when a mega corporation steps between the creator and the customer. I'll save my money and wait for more robust tablets and software outside of the Apple product line.

Hey, Thanks for your input. I understand your concerns about tablets. You are correct too, that is why I am stumbling to find things that I can use from my iPad and then apply them to Second Life. So far, there are not very many. I can use the paint programs to make shirts and pants.

That being said, I LOVE my iPad. It is the coolest piece of machinary that I have ever owned. I think they will get more powerful in time.

I hope the developer of this app will continue to work with it, which is one reason I wanted to support him. If SL users get involved, someone will develop the means to get an animation from the iPad to SL, and I want to be there when they dissiminate the methods.

thx

I hear ya. Many people I know love their Ipads. I'm just a big program whore, and I love opensource and independent developers. This guy making the app seems to be very responsive on his Youtube page. I even saw a couple people asking about using it for SL. I saw that you can import the animations into Blender. If I were you, I'd also mention something about SL to the developer, either on YT or another place. The more people inquire, the more input he'll have to decide to add the SL model to his app. I'm sure the process to create the right bvh file is easy as long as he uses the SL avatar and bones with all the right names. Then, I would think it's just a matter of saving the bvh and getting it onto your pc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.