I can't get my stuff back

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently vacated some land, and to save time used the Return function thinking I'd sort it all out later. The way it worked however was that everything was returned as compound objects. I was able to rez and sort all but one. The last defies all attempts to rez it, even on my own land. Every time I try a rez it just gets returned to inventory without a message of any kind. Very frustrating.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

am just trying to understand the problem more

when you say returned. does it return a copy so you end up with 2 in your inventory. or does it just not rez and you still only have 1 in inventory,

edit

and no message saying something like: Object failed to rez which you normalyy get on rez fail 

It disappears from inventory for a few seconds and I hear the usual rattling (?) noise when something is being rezzed. Only it doesn't rez, it just reappears in inventory, original folder, and there's no message of any kind. There's more than enough prim availability on the land to accomodate it.

P.S.

The object is no copy, no mod, no transfer.

I'm betting the number of prims in the coalesced object is too high and your land doesn't have them. You need to go to land with more prims available, like a sandbox. If any linden plants are mixed into it, you need to be on land that allows you to rez linden plants, which could be problematic since only a land owner can do that or a member of a group that owns land and they have been given authority to do it.  Pehaps a friend can help you out with this.

i was hoping you werent going to say that

coalesced objects a real pain

one or more objects have conflicting permissions. so you end up with all permissions set to no everything like you said

when try to rez then the server gets confused (some of them) and gives up

+

only way i heard to fix is to try the different server types. can find them here and some of the sim names:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Server_Release_Notes

cant remember where now but i heard that if you got the Edit window open and then Wear it. so you can see. then Drop sometimes works

+

ps Cerise is the expert on these kinds of things. maybe Cerise will come soon and say how to exaclty fix

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I'm betting the number of prims in the coalesced object is too high and your land doesn't have them. You need to go to land with more prims available, like a sandbox. If any linden plants are mixed into it, you need to be on land that allows you to rez linden plants, which could be problematic since only a land owner can do that or a member of a group that owns land and they have been given authority to do it.  Pehaps a friend can help you out with this.

linden plants

that be it

Greetings, Pete

Please read this Knowledge Base article; about halfway down it talks about what to do when you have problems rezzing coalesced objects.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

It sounds like you possibly need to submit a support ticket to Linden Lab and ask for access to Unpackistan sim.

Go to a completely empty, large sandbox.

There are too many items in the clump. Or it reaches out too far, past the land you tried to rez it on.

That happened to me, when I was griefed. Some things returned in a clump, from every corner of my land. Even though it had been on my land before and there were enough prims to rez it again, it wouldn't rez. 

I had to find a completely empty Premium, full sim sandbox before I could rez the clump.

Probably, it needed enough room around it in all directions, since some things were spread out too far.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.