Secondlife UI Flickering

Dick Rizzler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since getting my new laptop (Windows 8, 64 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, Inter i7 processor), I re-downloaded my prefered viewer, Nirans. I was faced with a strange flickering of the scrolling bars on the sides of the viewer windows, and when opening Inventory, everything would flicker. I changed to Exodus and the problem still persists. I have updated my graphics drivers but still not luck. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I haven't found it anywhere else yet. Thanks in advance.

Details of viewer and laptop:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (2394.55 MHz)
Memory: 12168 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.0010.2817
OpenGL Version: 4.0.0 - Build 9.17.10.2817

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.10426

UPDATE:

Everything works fine on the official Linden labs viewer, I'm guessing it's just a 3rd party issue.

5 answers to this question

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Without the information we can only guess.

Make sure that the nVidia control panel is set for PERFORMANCE and Not Power Saving. You can set up a profile for just your SL viewers, so the Laptop does not have to avoid power saving all the time. 

I know its late but i have figured out a way to run basic shaders on firestorm with the hd 4000 with no UI flash if you go into advanced settings than to debuging options and set the- RenderGLCoreProfile to True it fixes the flashing i am now running SL on high graphics and all my shaders on with no issues

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.