Missing folders inventory I have tried everything

Daviano Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have missing items in my object folder lots of them the letter H an down I have tried everything clean install on both computers I use starting from LL sandbox seem to be since LL did there inventory maintenance plz help this is the second time this has happened I have been collecting house some worth 1000s of lindens for 4 year now not happy right now

wonder if I get account now if they would help ?????

2 answers to this question

Sorry to hear that Daviano but from what you say it seems like you need Linden Lab Support. If by LL sandbox, you mean a LL Premium sandbox, you have Premium membership so you can get support for inventory loss either rezzed inworld or unrezzed in inventory but if you have Basic membership there is no support for either so consider Premium if worth it.

As I have said often and sadly, inventory loss DOES happen. I have had three major episodes and have friends with similar stories. Your best bet is to contact support (premium only) and see if they can recover your goods. Sadly, I know premium members that this did not work for.

My personal plan (usually after a big inventory loss) is to backup goods when possible rezzed in world in a NEW box I rez. Honestly though, I do forget after the shock of loss dissipates. One thing that I do faithfully is keep the original boxes of my favorite stuff (I am a long time blogger so I get lots of stuff) in its own folder called "Backups 2012" with subfolders for type of goods. Now I did lose a backup folder once, but the chance of losing BOTH your home and garden folder (for example) and your backup folder is less.

My experience is that several folders of various size and importance (and placement in the hierarchy) seem to disappear at the same time -- usually during database improvement (hoho). Good luck and I hope you get some of your goods back. I will say that while MOST of mine have really disappeared, a few times odd objects showed up in completely unrelated places within about a month of loss. Have no clue what happens with the database. It is indeed a mystery.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.