Fraps question

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been using Fraps just recently, and so far the software is really nice. Its easy to use and the quality is very good. I have two questions thought. maybe someone here is more familiar and might be able to help.

When recording, I get the IM boxes, notices popping up, if i use the camera etc everyting is recorded. Is there a way to record just the picture, not all the pop up type boxes that clutter the screen?

Also, file size is pretty massive. I was hoping to record and put it on Youtube, but recording a 60 minute roleplay type project i so GB intensive, is there some conversion I could make to convert the fraps video to a more space friendly amount?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes control+alt+F1 will clear your screen of all that viewer stuff.  Also, shift+alt+H will clear the huds away.  And then to return all of it, do it again. 

You have to use windows media or some sort of video conversion to lower the size of the video file.  Also, You should break it up in to 10 min recordings or something. Unless you have earned the ability through continues uploads to youtube then you can only upload so many minutes of video at a time anyways.  

Running the program for an hour long is pretty harsh on your computer unless you got a really nice expensive one.  Be sure to turn your sounds off or they will be heard in the video, such as the IM pop up sounds, etc. 

It helps to adjust your settings per recording too. So, if your in a room, your draw distance only needs to be the size of the room.  If your shooting something sim wide, then your draw distance needs to be farther out.  Your graphics and large textures also create lag when your trying to move your cameras around. So, you may need to adjust those so you can get a smoother shot. 

Good Luck! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.