Own a SIM issues with Estate Manager Perms

IMGypsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We have tried to resolves this before and still are stumped.  I am the owner of the SIM which is divided into parcels - I have an estate manager and he is still unable to use the perms given him including the simple task of changing the stream on a parcel.

What are we doing wrong?

2 answers to this question

IMGypsy,

The EM [Estate Manager] Role in a Private Estate/Region does NOT grant universal modify permissions to a region and all it's parcels.

e.g. Changing the Music URL on a parcel.

For land areas owned directly by the Region Owner, your EM's have these permissions. For parcels owned by groups or other individuals, they do not.

The purpose of a EM is to be able to manage Region global settings and to help the region owner to subdivide and sell/assign the region into parcels to others. Once these parcels are sold/assigned, the group owning them and/or the new parcel owner has these permissions exclusively.

The EM can of course reclaim any parcel on behalf of the Region Owner.

But I am the SIM OWNER - I have granted HIM the Estate Manger permissions and his role show that he can do this the Region is Romany and he is em for the region and I am owner. The parcels that we have (which are not residential ) are all Romany Group parcel and he wears his Romany tag as EM - am I not understanding what you are explaining? Thank for you response - we have chatted with other ems and have the same situation and they do not have issues. We are frustrated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4177 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.