Yabusaka Clothing Templates

Reymundo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I've had a Fallen Gods (Yabusaka Based) Petite for some time now and finally got hold of the clothing templates. My issue is how do I go about texturing them? The one in particular is a one piece item, are there any tutorials or Photoshop/GIMP files to assist in such things?

Thanks.

Start here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

You'll see links to tons of information, including tutorials for GIMP and Photoshop. 

The only problem I see (by the wording in your post) is that you are unfamilar with higher end image/texture editing software.  The very first thing you need to master is the software that you choose to use.....only after you get fairly familar with what the software can do (and how to make it do what you want) will you be able to making Second Life clothing.  Don't jump into it without learning the basics first........you'll get so frustrated (believe me........been there, done that).

I am quite familiar with Photoshop, and clothing. My issue is that the texturing for the Yabusaka templates which are for Mesh Petites...well it's one mesh item from neck to ankles. In other words the texture covers both the torso and the legs, which normal clothing templates don't cover. That is why I need help.

That's 3D modeling.  Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OEshHH8k0

Maybe it will get you started.  I have little interest in 3D modeling so I'm probably no help.  You're mention of Photoshop and GIMP is what made me think you were just starting with clothing........neither of those software packages are very good for texturing 3D models.  Maybe search for 3D Max, Maya, Poser, or Blender will get you where you want to go.

It could be that instead of using just an upper or lower body clothing template you need to use a full body template.  There are some on MP but having never done clothing for those avatars I can't tell you if they would fit the mesh or not.  You should probably contact the creator of the avatar for advice on what texture template to use if one did not come with the kit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.