alt building on my land

oola Neruda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

IMO it is not very wise to allow anyone to rez stuff on your land. You may end up with tons of crap eating your prim count...

I would suggest you create a group  for your alt and you and deed the land to the group.

See about group managed land (read Thinkerer's reply in particular):

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building-and-Texturing-Forum/Permissions-in-editing-land/td-p/1340703

entry.png 

See also: 

Allowing access for specific avatars

If you wish to allow only certain avatars on your land:

1. Right-click your parcel of land and choose About Land.
  2. Click the ACCESS tab.
  3. Select the Group checkbox to restrict access so only group members may enter. (Go to the General tab and click Set to select or change this group.)
  4. Alternatively, click Add under the Allowed Residents field. The CHOOSE RESIDENT window appears.
  5. Using the three tabs in the CHOOSE RESIDENT window, you may Search for specific Residents, addFriends (from your list) or add nearby Residents (using the Near Me tab). 
  6. For each Resident you wish to add, highlight the Resident's name and click Select.

manage residents.jpg

• Like 2

You can ALSO create a group and just SET the land to the group (meaning you could still own the land). I have a friend that does that and it works well. The deeding land to group thing while I have done it, is very complex and to me a little scary. If you just SET it to group (like apartment and mall owners do) then anyone with their tag set to that group should be able to rez and have their things stay put.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.