Quick DAZ help for static poses

Sinister Vortex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I made a few poses using DAZ.  A few were fine when I went to upload, however a few weren't, so I re-imported them, fixed them, exported them (saved, replaced) and then went I went to upload them into SL, the looping made them jump.  When I reopen them in DAZ, the pose looks completely different/wrong placement/etc.

Any suggestions?

I can't use Qavimator, tried.  Downloaded, opened, it lags terribly bad for me, so I uninstalled, reinstalled and still does the same thing :\

Thanks again!

Daz adds a first frame to your animation, so when you bring it back into Daz, it will have an extra frame added. Instead of bring it back into Daz as a bvh file, you could just save the animation as a preset or duf file inside Daz. Doing this will allow you to work on only the original creation that you made, instead of a bvh which daz added the first frame to.

As far as Qavi, your pc might have an issue with the Fog element in Qavi. I turn the Fog feature off and the program works fine for me. I don't use Qavi much, but I do import every bvh that I make into SLat, just to check the animation and make corrections, even if I made the animation in Daz.

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Daz adds a first frame to your animation, so when you bring it back into Daz, it will have an extra frame added.

Can't you just uncheck "SL compatibility"  and leave the t-pose in the first frame? Sory for being lazy and not trying myself...

I've suggested the same thing before, but I have never tried it. I just like to use Daz to take advantage of the IK and other features and props. I always bring the animation into SLat to finish it. So, the first frame thing is never an issue for me. It is pretty goofy that Daz adds the first frame, and it also makes it so you can't create an animation that only animates 1 bone, cause the first frame that Daz creates is always offset. If I remember tomorrow, I'll try it out, just so I can know for sure. It's kind of late right now for me.

Yep, as long as you use the SL avatar, you don't need to select the SL compatibility for the animation to work. I imported a normal SL animation with it's Tframe, and then I exported it without SL compatibility and the animation worked, just like any SL animation and Daz did not add the extra first frame.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.