Item giver controlled by remote server

Doogz Weston

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a script that can be used to randomly rez objects on land but the objects are sent by a remote server instead of inside the rezzer (to prevent hacking into object for items).  I have been playing with scripts I've bought for different rezzer types but I'd really like it to be tied in with a remote server. Any help is appreciated. :matte-motes-big-grin:

I don't think it's possible, if you want to rez the item locally and the server is to be on a different sim, because llGiveInventory() to an object only works if the object is in the same sim.

What you can do is give the item from the remote server to an avatar directly, without going through a local rezzer. (That's basically a "networked vendor" script.)

Or, if "remote" can be limited to somewhere within the same sim as the rezzer... well, you have two choices. The old-school way would be to llGiveInventory() to a local rezzer, but now there's no real need for a local rezzer at all, if all the items are modifiable by you, so you can script them to llSetRegionPos() directly from the server to the rezzing location. In that approach, the local object isn't a rezzer anymore, but merely a kind of remote-control, using llRegionSayTo(), of the server.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.