CTRL + ALT + F1 not working on laptop...?

Sca Shilova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

Last time I made machinima I was on a desktop and CTRL + ALT + F1 worked fine, but now I'm on a laptop and it's not working. My screen goes black. I've googled and seen that a few other people on laptops also have this problem but no solution to be found so far. I've tried including the FN key, tried CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + F1, tried with an extra monitor and without but so far no luck.  I could use the menu to get rid of UI but then I don't have it and still need the shortcut to get back out.

Anyone had this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks!

What viewer are you using? On most current viewers (SL, Exodus, Dolphin, etc.), UI hiding is now done with Ctrl+Shift+U.

Others like Firestorm and Niran's use the legacy Ctrl+Alt+F1, but that combo conflicts with some hardware and operating system setups. On those, you can edit the viewer's skins/default/xui/en/menu_viewer.xml and change it. Look for shortcut="control|alt|F1"> and change it, to, say, shortcut="control|alt|I"> or whatever works for you that isn't already taken.  (Firestorm is using Ctrl+Shift+U for an environment preset so skip that one.)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.