Is Secondlife compatible with Windows 8?

Kess Littlebird

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been considering upgrading to windows 8 and I was wondering if the SL Viewers are compatible?

Has anyone tried it yet?

If so have they encountered any issues that required the software being loaded in a particular way i.e. compatibility mode or something?

Did you need to perform any hardware upgrades to continue to use SL in the ay that you are used to doing i.e. dual characters or streaming discos whilst playing SL?

Your help in preparing me for my upgrade would be greatl appreciated.

Kess

7 answers to this question

Hi Kess:

Yes, Second Life is compatible with Windows 8, I'm testing Windows 8 Professional 64-bit RTM and I'm playing to Second Life perfectly without any failure

The only thing you'll need to do after installing Windows 8 is update the drivers of your graphics card if it is old, if graphics card it is modern Windows 8 will install the drivers automatically, aside I tell you that the current versions of Windows 8 are not final versions, are pre-release versions (RTM or MSDN) and they are not complete

I have installed Windows 8 in a virtual disk just to try it, but my current operating system is Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bits.

Greetings :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4023 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.