Banned? Why?

gothtier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this belongs here. I hope it does.

Anyway, I was banned from a certain location, and I honestly have no idea why. I was lagging really badly, so I decided to leave and come back, but when I came back it was telling me that I was banned and it wouldn't let me in. I am 100% sure I wasn't doing anything wrong. The whole time I was there, all I was doing was walking around and doing what everyone else was doing? Is there a way I can get myself unbanned, since I know I was banned for no reason?

A land owner has all powers to ban anybody for any reason or no reason at all. Some ban residents for causing lag due to heavy scripts, which could be your case, or you can have been banned for an entirely different reason. All you can try is to ask the owners why they decided you were unwanted. They might very well not answer you at all, so be prepared to just forget about that and move on: SL is a wide world, you'll find other places to hang out. :smileyhappy:

ETA: This should have been posted in the General Discussion forum, BTW, not in the Second Life Server one.

• 1 year later...

Friday night (2/7/14)  I was kicked out of Oxbridge Caledon for no reason at all!  I'm pissed.  While waiting for a new SL friend to arrive, I feel asleep at my computer. After I woke up, I was reading the chat log and found out that she had been there as well as one of the so-called Deans MD who ejected me off the land for no reason.  When I went back to wait for my friend to arrive, another person came over to me and told me that "it was an Education/Learning sim and I had been lurking too long."  I told him that  "I know what kind of sim it is and I am not lurking"  He went back over to talk to the female avitar who has now apparently banned/blocked me from coming to that sim.  I did nothing wrong and as far as people hanging out there; there are people hanging out there all the time, but only the ones she approves of.  This is a great welcome they are giving to new SLifers.  Can they really ban me for doing nothing wrong?   That would make no sense at all!

Well, sometimes it can happen that if an avatar is sleeping standing, sitting, lying down, etc. for too long in one place the owners of the place might get suspicious "why is that avatar doing nothing, are they planning some ill actions or what? Ah, better to ban than to wait. Poooffff.."

So what to do:

You could IM the person who banned you and explain KINDLY that you're sorry but you just fell asleep on the computer. Tell that you had nothing bad in mind, tell that you're sorry if you have caused any problems. Be kind and polite, don't yell, don't shout, don't use any bad words - even if it is hard for you to hold your tongue.

Any sensible person will understand what happened and they will unban you. Kind approach from you will yield the best results.

- - - - - - - - -

When I've been idling for long time, my avatar apparently doing nothing, I have read all kinds of comments in the chat when I have finally paid attention:

Stranger 1: Wassup?
Stranger 2: Hey, all alone here?
Stranger 3: Are you all right?
Stranger 4: Why you look so lonely?
Stranger 5: Why you look so sad?
Stranger 6: Wanna have fun?

.. and so on...

Well, thanks all for your keen concerns :matte-motes-smile:, but:

Nothings up
Yes, I'm alone here (as you can well see)
I'm ok
Not lonely
Not sad
No, I don't want to have fun just right now

Why my avatar is doing nothing? Well:

I'm having a cup of coffee
Gone to pee
Checking emails
Reading forums posts
Checking all kinds of stuff in the net
And possibly doing multitude of other things

So the avatar sitting idle is fine, nothing to worry about its well being. Thank you. :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileytongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.