Help with TP script for latest viewers, please!

Carmsie Melodie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I have a TP set up from my store to a sky box and another from the skybox back to the store. The sky box is only about 200m above the store. I have tried several TP scripts and most work when I am wearing an old viewer (Pheonix etc) but I cannot find one that works with newer viewers - Firestorm or SL V3.  I want a script that immediately zaps you to the location when you select "Teleport", not one that relies on clicking maps or anything else. 

When i wear a recent  viewer, the same TP script that works perfectly with the older viewers, leaves me "hanging" in the air or takes me part of the way to the sky box and then I drop to the ground. I tried wearing a flight feather but it made no difference. 

Is there something I have set up wrong in my viewer Preferences or do I need a special script? I really need to get this TP set up correctly because the skybox is for sale and customers want to be able to see it. The skybox contains mesh items so most who visit will wear a recent viewer. 

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. 

We had a long discussion here about a month ago, regarding how "sit teleporters" were now behaving differently.  Dora Gustafson created a very nice new script that gets around the sorts of problems you are describing.  You'll find the final version of her script in the spoiler of her last post in that thread at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/llSetRegionPos-teleporter-problems/m-p/1667915#M13134 .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.