can u see mesh on viewer 2? cause im having issues with all MESH viewers

LishaJoya Haven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im kinda baffled about something....SORRY this is a multi phased question....

Firestorm works on my alts, but not my main...LOL..y ai know...ODD....

so i was wondering if the old fashioned (upsdated version) of Viewer 2 can see mesh...cause i do no crash with that.

~SIGHS~

its ironic i can run 4 servers off my comp and Phoenix (not mesh compatable version) and not crash....

Phoenix (mesh version) crashes me when I upload a picture....LOL...ODD...

Ihave did all the clean installs...updated my computer....unplugged my router...cleaned all my SL caches (from every ALT) as well as the browser (in SL) caches andin the file folders in in APP DATA....and even cleared it all in my computer and internet cache....but still again im having issues with ALL mesh viewers...i even log into low lag places like pooley and etc.......

LOL....ihad even did my checkdisk scan and Ccleaned and chck for virus's.....so any one have any suggestions....

Thank you all for any help in advanced....

~HUGS~

Lishajoya Haven

5 answers to this question

Ihave a 2003 XP server... my graphic card is new GTE FORCE..and i have updated my drivers as well on everything.....

In phoenix.....the mesh viewer....the crash is sudden when i upload a picture

firestorm MESH VIEWER.....its delayed and tons of notifications are flooding me (and i turned them off) but they keep returning as if I never did turn them off at all and it says the region u are experiencing is i shaving trouble....So i go to pooley and the other no lag places...still i have the same problem

Some times its instant the crashes too....so that is why Im blafled

It sounds like your computer is not quite enough for SL and the graphics required for SL to run well enough for mesh. A server doesn't need graphics capabilities so saying it's a "server" doesn't mean the computer is a strong one. A server requires a good CPU but a server doesn't even need a GPU (graphics card).

You didn't really tell us what graphics you have.........most nVidia cards are GForce cards (that's sort of like Ford passenger vehicles are "sedans"). What nVidia graphics do you have specifically.........6600 GT, 8500 GTS, or maybe GTX 680 for example).

The way how mesh is gathered and rendered has been changed drastically as far as i know , Viewer 2 from a certain state of time and downwards will have problems downloading and showing those meshes , in this case you WILL have to update , theres no way around this problem. Meaning all "old fashioned" Viewers how you call them wont (most likely) not be able to show them

Crashing on upload can be caused by Microsoft Sky Drive , check if you got that one installed and uninstall it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4212 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.