Environment Editor - Cannot find how to adjust the day cycle speed

Ahz Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

Got some help in world by merit.coba but when I started to explore it more in depth, the online tutorials seem to have different settings than either Firestorm or the Lindens Viewer.

Is there a way for me to set the day cycle to be measured in minutes as opposed to 4 hours?

This is what I was watching (I am assuming it is 2 years old or so):

http://video.answers.com/how-to-use-sl-windlight-day-cycle-editor-109955942

Hey there,

Sorry, did I miss something in that post? I see that it worked for you in August 2011, but when I pull up Firestorm and the Linden viewers, there are no options to adjust the time cycle so the cycle is less than 4 hours. I'm looking at the Edit Day Cycle and the options that I see mentioned in other posts are not there.

Ah, I see. What I think you could do is just make a lot of keys very close together. You see at the bottom where it says time? Make one key at 12:00, the next at like 12:05, the next at 12:10 etc and then make each of those keys Morning, Midday, Evening, Midnight or whatever over and over again. I haven't tested it, but it might work, although it may be a bit time consuming if you do the whole 24 hours. That's crazy they took away that cycle thing.  

Maybe someone knows a better way, that's just what I thought of just now.

Looks like that may be my only option at this point. I've spoken to Phoenix support and they said the functionality is gone now. Could have just gotten the wrong person though. I'll see what they say on the viewer forum. I've also thrown a hail mary out to Torley, see if he has any insight....this may be it in the end though. Thanks for your help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.