If I lock my Linden House does my group still have access to drop and rez packages?

Shangrala

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

If you mean hitting the Lock check box in the Edit window...no, this will not affect anyone's ability to rez other things.  All Lock does is keep you from accidentally selecting and deleting the locked object(s).  If you do select it by mistake and hit delete, it gives you a confirmation message:  "At least one of the items you have selected is Locked.  Delete anyway?"

But...since you don't actually own the Linden Home object, I do not think you will be able to Lock it...but at the same time, you don't have the ability to delete it either, so that's OK.

If you mean locking the DOOR to your Linden Home...well, locked doors in SL are not much of a barrier.  Someone can cam inside and double click teleport into your living room.

• Like 1

I think the OP is talking about locking the door to the house, using the control pad. I don't own a Linden Home, all I know is what I've read at the KB. There is a note at the KB that only the Home owner can access the Home controls.

If the Group Members can rez when the Home is locked, they would have to rez on the porch, or cam inside?

Rezzing rights, object entry are separate permissions from a locked house (as in a door scripted to only allow owners or group members access). If the group member has access to locked door and they have rezzing and object entry rights they would be able to rezz and bring objects in when with the house being locked or unlocked........it depends on the rights that the group owner has allowed. The locked house has nothing to do with the other permissions. It's like ban lines........if you have access and other rights you maintain those rights with or without the ban lines being put up.

It would be interesting to know if a group member with rezz permissions and object entry permissions but not access to the locked house could cam in and rezz something or scoot some object through the walls........that I don't know (but logic says yes they would be able to do that).

I, too, think the OP meant a locked door and not locking the house to preven movement or accidental deletion. Maybe the OP can come back and let us know which "locked" is the question about?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.