Problem installing scripts into Blender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's probably nowhere good to post this, it doesn't even belong in the SL forum. But I'm hoping someone here ran into the same issue and can clue me into his/her fix so I can get to the fun of creation.

I'm new to Blender, modelling, creation, everything. I ended up replacing the new Blender version with 2.49a on my Win 7 PC so that I could follow the tutorials I wanted, since they were updated for the new versions. I also downloaded primstar_1.0.0.exe. I tried installing both manually and from cmd.exe, and failed both times.

After the manual install, "Sculpt Mesh" shows up in my Add>Mesh menu, but when I try to click on it, I get "Python script error: check console". The console reads "ImportError: No module named primstar". When I try to install from cmd.exe, I get "Please run from command line with blender -P install.py". Yet cmd.exe tells me it's not a recognized internal or external command.

Any ideas? I did post to DominoDesigns.info's forum, but I'm hoping for a bit quicker feedback from you fine folks. Screencaps for reference:

CMD.exe

Blender pathed to scripts folder

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. So primstar_1.0.0 is incompatible with Blender 2.49a? I was certain I downloaded it as an association with that version. Do you happen to know which one is compatible? If at possible, I would like to stay with 2.49a since the tutorials I want to follow were scripted for that version, and from what I understand, a number of capabilities available in 2.49a disappeared later.

Thanks!

Primstar IS compatible with Blender 2.49, but the smart way to install it is to get JASS-2, which contains Primstar, Python, and Blender, all in the proper and compatible versions.  Install JASS-2 and everything falls into place automatically.  The free version of JASS-2 is sufficient for most SL sculpty purposes.  See the Machinimatrix web site.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.