what is promo items

tribbleslittle4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

"Promo" is short for "Promotional" - it's something that you can get for a very low price but has advertising for the maker on it. Lots of companies do this in RL as well. You can't take the writing off because that's why you were allowed to get the item at that price in the first place. If you have writing on your avatar's skin itself it's probably a "Demo" (demonstration) item - they're given so people considering buying a product can see how it will look on them but it's deliberately defaced so they won't just wear the demo instead of buying the full product.

• Like 2

I don't think you brought a promo item.

Promo is a used short term for promotion. Means an item that has often good quality but a lower price to get peoples attention on the store and its creator.

What I think you brought (let me guss...it was for 0 or 1L?) is a demo. A demo is a version of something to try it out before buying the real product. Mesh objects and most hair also comes in a demo version.

You can't get the writing off, cause thats what the creator uses to get people to buy the real product instead of using only the free demo.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.