Losing an item during Lag

harliew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Two days ago, I lost my horse during a bad case of lag and the horse has not return to my inventory. Can this horse be found if it's in an area where the auto return is not activate?....  I think this is what happen. Please help me if u can

2 answers to this question

It's not unusual to temporarily lose things in Second Life, although usually they do return to your inventory.  Check your Lost and Found folder in your inventory; the horse might have returned with something else, and they have become a coalesced cube that could be named absolutely anything.

Also, were you riding the horse, or was the horse just wandering round the sim? 

Sometimes objects that are temporarily lost somehow find their way to the SW corner of a sim (look at the minimap to get your bearings and go have a look).

Other replies and suggestions may follow. Please keep checking back here.

• Like 2

If you know what area it was in last you can try contacting the owner of the sim to see if it's still there and have them return it to you.

If that doesn't work many no-copy rideables or other "animals", and almost all breedables, are tracked by their manufacturers in separate databases that aren't directly part of Second Life. If you contact the maker chances are good that they can give you a replacement copy.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.