Land Developer-Designer Needed

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is very kind of you :matte-motes-grin:  

The project is setting up my islands [2], with the terrain I would like to have. I have spent countless hours trying to understand how SL works and how to accomplish this and I am no closer than I was two weeks ago; it's just mind boggling.  I want to do a renaissance theme; Camelot style; I have named the region Shallott [misspelled] I have bought a lot of the items already that can be used including prepackaged land terrain but I don't know if they will work as when I rez them; they are just too large. I would like variety on the island; woods, cliffs, and hopefully be able to divide the land to either rent or sell to other people who would like to live in this type of theme. My favorite place that I have been too is the region Calas Galadhon which includes "Misty Mountains"  and "Miromere" These places have snow-covered peaks viewable from standing on the cliff; they have swimming in the ocean; it's just so beautiful and peaceful. Another place I went was the TNT Mines [amazing inside!]. There were places to sit and meditate; be able to ride whales out in the ocean; it combined beauty and activities.  That's the type of terrain I am trying to create.  Going with the Camelot type theme, I wanted to put in a jousting area, old biddings; create a type of small village for the tenants and public to visit.  Also horses will be part of the island and I have a stable and horses ready to go. I was thinking about living in a skybox so I could free up land to do some of these things.  

Is this something you are interested in doing?  It is probably a lot of work and that is why I was willing to pay someone to do it. I truly am so new at this I still had to look up what "rezzing" meant!

Let me know what you think. I gave the examples of the places I love so you can see where my vision lies but along with the renaissance theme included.

I sure hope you are interested in it!

Thank you for responding and if this isn't what you had in mind, I totally understand.

Sincerely,

Nikilea

Hello my name is Lusti Decosta .I am an owner of Decosta Custom Builders and Sim Development. I would be delighted to speak with you about your project . Your theme is one I have long been interested in. If you are interested  in speaking to me you can message me in world. Hoping to speak with you  soon.

Thank You

Lusti Decosta

Thank you for replying. If you can read the message above yours, that is a description of what i am wanting to do.  The other gentleman hasn't gotten back to me; I don't know if he is still interested in doing it.

Tell me what you think about my ideas and how do-able they are.  I am desperate to get help. I am getting nowhere on my own; just a lot of frustration!  This isn't easy too do and my respect to anyone who can :matte-motes-grin:

Sincerely,

Nikilea

I have 2 islands but yes, I didn't realize how large items are compared to the land it is going on. I was really shocked when I saw for the first time the size of the island compared to what they charged me for set up and also for montly maintence.  Anyway, if you are interested, I would be so ever grateful. I am struggling with it; just don't understand the concepts used in SL animations. What would you charge to do the 2 islands?  I'm sorry it isn't a big job and the opportunity for a lot of creativity but think of it as also a humanitarian job; you are saving me from going crazy trying to do it myself :matte-motes-big-grin:

Thanks again,

Nikilea

Dear Nikilei,

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm a creator and currently don't have a project to work on. Making things (beautiful) is what i like to do most in SL, i can get really involved in it, and when a project is finished, i can get really sad for a few days. Until i get involved in a new thing, and fall in love all over again. :D

Anyway... I so understand your frustrations of a starting builder/landscaper! When i "bought" my first land years ago, the landowner got really impatient with me, cause i had no idea what i was doing. Fortunately i've met so many friendly and helpful people since! Although i'm not as fortunate as you are, that i can afford my own island! That's my secret dream (not so secret anymore now hehe). I tried to TP to your region, but i guess it is still closed for public, cause i couldn't access it. I also checked out Calas Galadhon and it indeed looks amazing!

So, if you haven't found anybody yet, what i can offer you: First of all, i also don't need any salary. The way i play this game is to create/build/design/landscape, that's what i like to do most. I think i will be able to - after going over the details and more examples of what you like and what you already have purchased, etc - make (or help you make) something you like. Would be great if you can use (or at least hear) SL voice, so we can talk, instead of having to write everything down. Then i can (try to) explain you everything along the way. That way, you could tell me your vision, i show you what you need - and how - to create it, and then you can play around with it (for example when i'm not on line) and learn how to do it yourself in the future (or even for this project), ánd learn more about SL altogether.

On the other hand, i do have a full-time job in RL, so i can only play so many hours. I work shifts though, so i can play at all times of the day (depending my schedule) and your location would therefore not be a problem (timezones can be a hassle sometimes, when you have to work many hours together). And i would devote all my free time to your project to get it finished a.s.a.p. (might even fall in love with it *grin*).

If you like my ideas, i can show you in-world some things i made (i run my business with an alt, so you wouldn't be able to find it on my name) and you can show me more of the things you like and want to see happen. And also we can get to know eachother - as we probaly would have to work some time together - and talk about the hours you usually are on-line and how many hours/days/weeks you have in mind for this project (and if i have that available), etc.

Otherwise: Enjoy SL and good luck with your project! And let us know when it's finished, so we can explore and enjoy it, ok?!

Warm regards,

Ailya Babii...

Everything sounds great! I am so please you are willing to do this. I understand about RL commitments and I am in no hurry. I would rather go slow and make sure I know what I really want instead of rushing through and then decide later that I wish I had done something differently.  

I thought I had my land setup to teleport public; I will double-check and if not, fix it. I may also just add your name to the allow list. The spelling is Shallott and the homestead is Ysmay.

I am glad you are interested in the concept.  I really am looking forward to also using music, nature sounds, activities like the horses [and so I need a stable for renters to be able to get a horse], swimming, riding on the backs of whales, meditation, relaxation, and also nice things for couples; to make it as much a sensory enriching experience for potential renters. I would almost rather keep the number or renters down so I can offer more space for activities and environment. Putting together the jousting arena will be easy since they already make them; maybe creating those tents with the flags on them; we might have to do that ourselves. I may end up having to buy another homestead to do all this in; I hope not but I now realize that these islands are not that large. I am also a realist so if having to give up on some ideas, I will be able to do that when necessary.  I also want to figure out how to get to you the items I have already purchased to help with the build. I'm sure there must be a way. I can also get things along the way that we will need.

I am so excited that the island is going to come to life! I am so grateful to you for making this a reality.:matte-motes-grin:

Sincerely,

Nikilei

ps. It does make sense to use the real talking; I would need you to show me how to set it up. 

Nikilei wrote:

I would rather go slow and make sure I know what I really want instead of rushing through and then decide later that I wish I had done something differently.   

I completely agree!

Nikilei wrote:

The spelling is Shallott and the homestead is Ysmay. 

I think i might have tried the wrong location, will try it again.

Nikilei wrote:

I really am looking forward to also using music, nature sounds, activities like the horses [and so I need a stable for renters to be able to get a horse], swimming, riding on the backs of whales, meditation, relaxation, and also nice things for couples; to make it as much a sensory enriching experience for potential renters.  

I love your ideas! They are a lot like mine, when i'm dreaming of having my own private island.

Nikilei wrote:

I would almost rather keep the number or renters down so I can offer more space for activities and environment.  

Just an idea: Maybe you could keep the whole ground-area as a community space? And then put up private "homes" in the sky for the renters. For example in hollow spheres, so you can make it look like a complete private space (each surrounded by it's own sky) in the theme of your SIM.

Nikilei wrote:

I may end up having to buy another homestead to do all this in; I hope not but I now realize that these islands are not that large. I am also a realist so if having to give up on some ideas, I will be able to do that when necessary.

I really don't think that will be necessary. You have a huge amount of space (512mx256m=131000m2), but what you see a lot in SL, is that people build things much bigger than they really are in RL. When you are on mainland with neighbors that build that way, then you háve to build in the same size, otherwise everything on your land looks tiny compared to them. But since you have Homesteads (which is completely private space), you can build everything on a much smaller scale, without that it lóóks small, or even is. Also, when you build in a way that vistors can't overview the whole area at ones, it gives the feeling of a much larger space to explore. Also you can think of setting it up so that visitors (who don't belong to your community) are not able to fly on your land, so they have to walk through the land and scenes you've set-up, instead of quickly flying over it and have an overview at ones.

Anyway... The only reason i can think of why you would need more land, is because of the amount of prims you have and the things you want (horses etc) and also renters need to be assigned a certain amount of prims each, so they can rez things on your/their land. On a full SIM you get 15000 prims and on a Homestead 3750. But since you already have 2 Homesteads (is 7500 prims) and these days we have sculpties and mesh technology (which lowers the prim count of one horse for example, from maybe more than 100 to probably less than 10 prims), i think we should be able to manage. Also, my speciallity happens to be low-prim building (ain't you lucky, lol), as i was never able to afford a big plot of land (thus not many prims) and always had to find ways to work around that.

You might want to start with thinking about how many renters you would want on both Homesteads in total and how many prims you would assign to each. Then you know how many prims you'll have left to work with, and we can start investigating what the (expected to be) big prim-consuming items add up to.

Nikilei wrote:

I also want to figure out how to get to you the items I have already purchased to help with the build. I'm sure there must be a way. I can also get things along the way that we will need.

AND:

ps. It does make sense to use the real talking; I would need you to show me how to set it up. 

AND:

ps. Yes, I would love to see your work.  How can I locate it? 

Let's find a time that we can meet in-world, so we can start to discuss some details and show eachother some stuff (i show you mine, if you show me yours). Unfortunately i'm working coming weekend, but today i'm off and could go on-line at any time (for about the next 12-14 or so hours).

Hope to see you soon!

Love, Ailya...

Ailya Babii wrote:

Nikilei wrote

I may end up having to buy another homestead to do all this in; I hope not but I now realize that these islands are not that large. I am also a realist so if having to give up on some ideas, I will be able to do that when necessary.

I really don't think that will be necessary. You have a huge amount of space (512mx256m=131000m2), but what you see a lot in SL, is that people build things much bigger than they really are in RL. When you are on mainland with neighbors that build that way, then you háve to build in the same size, otherwise everything on your land looks tiny compared to them. But since you have Homesteads (which is completely private space), you can build everything on a much smaller scale, without that it lóóks small, or even is. Also, when you build in a way that vistors can't overview the whole area at ones, it gives the feeling of a much larger space to explore. Also you can think of setting it up so that visitors (who don't belong to your community) are not able to fly on your land, so they have to walk through the land and scenes you've set-up, instead of quickly flying over it and have an overview at ones.

Anyway... The only reason i can think of why you would need more land, is because of the amount of prims you have and the things you want (horses etc) and also renters need to be assigned a certain amount of prims each, so they can rez things on your/their land. On a full SIM you get 15000 prims and on a Homestead 3750. But since you already have 2 Homesteads (is 7500 prims) and these days we have sculpties and mesh technology (which lowers the prim count of one horse for example, from maybe more than 100 to probably less than 10 prims), i think we should be able to manage. Also, my speciallity happens to be low-prim building (ain't you lucky, lol), as i was never able to afford a big plot of land (thus not many prims) and always had to find ways to work around that.

You might want to start with thinking about how many renters you would want on both Homesteads in total and how many prims you would assign to each. Then you know how many prims you'll have left to work with, and we can start investigating what the (expected to be) big prim-consuming items add up to.

OMG, Nikilei!! I just checked out Shallot and it is a full SIM!! I could not access Ysmay, so i think you have different settings on both SIMs. But i can explain more about that when we meet.

The good news is, you have more than 18000 prims (if Ysmay is a homestead, 30000 prims if it is also a full SIM - which i don't think) to play with, wow! I'm sure you don't have to worry about getting more land. There is also a lot you can do with "out of SIM"-space placed objects (like mountains, reefs, etc) and backgrounds, to make the area appear and "feel" to be bigger.

BTW: I'm in-world now, but if i'm not when you get on-line, just send me an IM, then i will receive an email notification and will join you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.