Deleted sculpts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to be having the same scuplt deleted over and over again, I can't sell the product because when I up load it, it there for a week or so but gets deleted before I can get it on sale, it is the same sculpt and the most important one, I have talked to live chat that they say a glitch, I have had no emails about it but this same glitch is happening to the same sculpt with in a week or so of it being uploaded, this is stressing my that this one sculpt has become impossible to keep in sl, is any one else having this problem, been going on for a months now.

Who has the power to delete sculpts from the main asset server without sending emails as to why, no notes, i bought it as a full perms sculpt, with a set, why just this one and the most important one, the lindens don't seem to know anything about it, any ideas.

I dont really understand what is happening here

When you say a sculpt, do you mean the image map or the object?

If you bought this in a pack, have you contacted the creator of the pack?

If you bought this in a pack what are you uploading to where and why?

Basically, what is being deleted? A texture file, a sculpted object, a Marketplace listing, or an object associated with a Marketplace listing?

This sounds a bit familiar, and so I wonder if you are having the same issue I did with a sculpt.

What happened with mine was that a sculpt map I had made kept 'disappearing' and leaving the prim it was applied to looking like an unrezzed football. This was a part of my house, and it was the latest prim uploaded and added to many others, which all behaved normally (but not the parent prim, if that makes sense). It was a phantom prim, which used a phantom child script for sculpts, but this may or may not be relevant. Every day, I'd manually search for the texture in my inventory (as it wouldn't pop up in the texture tab) and reapply it to the prim, which would then look ok for a day. I tried reuploading the sculpt map and also renaming it since it appeared to behave like a temporary upload. Others saw the same prim misbehaving too, it wasn't just happening on my side.

Eventually, I unlinked it from the main object, and it hasn't happened since.

Perhaps you could try changing the link order when you next rebuild the object?

That's it, great is the same, ty, ok so now we have 2 having the same problem, seems we may have found a bug, I to am renaming it, but how can I sell it when this keeps happening, ty, I feel better now, what with sailors and disappearing sculpts, I had to upload a new one today cos the old one has gone, not there, like you say you only get a ball.

It will be there, in your inventory; it's just not hooking up somehow, and you will have to search for it by name. I found that even deleting the original, and reuploading with a new UUID didn't fix the problem. Someone on this forum (forgive me for forgetting who) suggested making changes to the original texture file before reuploading, like changing the file format. I guess that this is just to reaffirm to the 'system' that this is a different texture and shouldn't behave badly as the old one did. You might find this works for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.