How can i stop stuff vanishing from my inventory.... I have had this happen virtually every day..

echo Lilliehook

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have this problem all the time now.. I receive something and know it's in my inventory , had stuff re deliverd and seen it there,, taken stuff back into my invent only to find when i re log it's gone... I have cleared my cache, have cut it back by taken stuff i no longer need or use out, b ut it still don't load the missing items,,, I cannot afford to keep replacing stuff.. Im finding it very frustrating and heart breaking..:matte-motes-mad:

3 answers to this question

Sorry echo, might sound obvious but do you check your received items folder (at the very bottom of you inventory). This were unpacked items go with Direct Delivery system since a few months.

delivery.jpg

Otherwise, see this for unreived items, and also this link about inventory loss.

Unreceived and accidentally discarded items

Has it been more than 24 hours since you ordered? If so, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely request redelivery of the item. If it has been less than 24 hours, please be patient and check again later. If the merchant doesn't respond, you can submit a support case requesting redelivery. Make sure to include the order number and the exact name of the undelivered item(s).

32px-KBnote.png Note: If an item purchased on the Marketplace using PayPal or a credit card is not successfully delivered to you, the credit or debit will not appear in your transaction history, and the merchant will have no record of the purchase. Simply try to purchase the item again.

If you accidentally discard an item, contact the merchant, explain what happened, and politely requestredelivery of the item. Often the merchant will understand and redeliver, especially if the item in question isn't  "no-copy." Unfortunately, Marketplace deliveries, unlike items sent manually from another avatar, are completely discarded and can't be retrieved from the Trash.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_Recovery_Steps

• Like 1

What viewer are you using? Most recent viewers, including the current mesh version of Phoenix, offer a choice of fetching inventory by either UDP (the older way which was standard before Viewer 2) or HTTP (a newer way.) HTTP is much more reliable. Go into the "Develop" menu and see if HTTP inventory is an option and, if so, it's enabled. You can edit your initial post to let us know.

There are two things that happen to inventory. One, is the asset server messing up and actually losing your item. That is rare.

Second is Apparently Lost Inventory, which is common. The item is actually not lost from the asset server but it is not showing in your inventory. At one time this was a VERY common problem. Now it is much more rare. The old fixes generally still work. See: SL Inventory Problems – Alert

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post. Without this information we must guess at how to tell you to do things.

One of the first troubleshooting steps for this problem is to check your connection. Don't just assume it is OK because it is fast. Read through: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. Make sure it is working well. If it isn't, this problem is nearly impossible to fix.

Also, clearing the cache is old out of date advice. Avoid clearing the cache until you know you have a corrupt cache. Otherwise you just aggravate the problem.

Inventory should easily handle 30k items. I know people with 90k items in their inventory. However, you can improve inventory performance by doing two things people often don't think of. One is to keep your Calling Cards cleaned out, if you don't use them. Each card requires a status update. Combat regions often advise people to clean out Calling cards to speed things up. Removing them reduces the amount of information that must update.

Reduce the number of folders in My Inventory to just the Linden folders and may be a dozen or two you create Each level of folders seems to create a level of requests. If every folder you own is in the root My Inventory folder, then your viewer requests everything you own. It is much more likely to choke. I have a Clothing folder and inside is dozens of folders like dress, shoes, swimsuit's, etc. Inside Dresses are dozens more, short, long, fav, mesh, evening, sexy,etc. Some times when you open the deeper subfolders you will see a LOADING... notice as that folder loads. This suggests to me that inventory can load in stages. Take advantage of it. Especially if you see any lost packets in your network stats.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.