why wont my search and profile menus pop up.

Desertwoman Glasswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use SL viewer and i have tried firestorm same result. About two weeks ago with no apparent reasoning my search an dprofile menus just stopped working.. I  have the latest up date for both firestorm and SL viewer but it doesnt seem to help. 

Any suggestions is t here something new in one of the menus that i might have ticked or unticked without realising the result ? 

Thanks 

2 answers to this question

There are a couple of possibilities...

First... When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

If you are using a Mac then this is probably a DNS issue. Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection - look for the DNS section.

Another is a site certificate issue. Web sites that use secure connection do a dance you normally never see to confirm they are who they say they are. If the certificate retrival and chcek out fails the site will not open. To correct the problem access the seach and profile pages using web browser. Profiles are accessible at my.secondlife.com. Search is accessible at search.secondlife.com.

Once the browser gets the certificates, the viewer's built-in browser that brings up those same pages inside the viewer will work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.