Extracing avatar model

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone.

I befriended someone in SL! She's very nice and got very interested in the meshes I make and sort of wants me as a "personal tailor" of sorts. So, what I wanted to do was give her a simple set of instructions on how she could extract her avatar model from SL onto a file format that I could use in blender, so she can give that to me and I could make the meshes to fit her body perfectly.

I have the model of my avatar from SL to use in blender whenever I want, but at the time, the research I had done had got me me only one way to do this, and that was by using the phonix viewer, if I remember correctl. She's not using phoenix, but I'm SURE there's other ways to extract the model out of SL, so I can use it in blender.

Anyone know?

The simpler the better, since she doesn't understand a lot about mesh (though, she DOES have blender actually).

You can no longer physically extract them model.

I brought a SLAV plugin from the marketplace and what that does is allows you to do CTRL+ALT+D and then 

Menu - Advanced - Enable Develop Menu 
Menu - Develop - Avatar - Character Test - Apperance to XML 

And the plugin can rebuild the avatar given the details of the XML bare in mind this only works for shapes made by you

Spinell wrote:

Hum, I have a few questions on this:

+What's a SLAV pluggin?

+What viewer are you using?

+What did you mean by "works for shapes made by me"?

Oh, and thanks for the help, nonetheless.
;)

• All viewers allow to export the current Avatar Shape as an XML file as Lukeh described before. In the SL default viewer you will navigate to:

Develop -> Avatar ->Character tests -> Apperarance to XML .

Note that this is a viewer feature and this is not a feature introduced by SLAV. The XML file nowadays can be fuond in your application folder. Windows users find it at:

C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\new archetype.xml

• The SLAV-Plugin is capable to read the "new archetype.xml" file. It can be installed into Blender. When properly installed the plugin can read this file and recreate a mesh model together with a proper skeleton.

• Please note that the shape export from Second Life to the XML file is not limited to your own shapes. It is your own responsibility to take care to not violate copyrights here.

Gaia Clary wrote:

• Please note that the shape export from Second Life to the XML file is not limited to your own shapes. It is your own responsibility to take care to not violate copyrights here.

Is that new? As I remember it, last time I looked, a couple of months ago, I could only extract my own shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.