Creating a Custom Skin for the Crux avatar?

Acyrotin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. I'm rather new to Second Life, just started playing it a couple weeks ago -though I had made an account some time before that-. I learned about the Crux avatar prior to my arrival to SL, and knew I had to grab them. I was wanting to know how to make a custom skin for the 'Crux' avatar. Is there a template to show how everything is mapped, or is it just separate textures for each individual piece -Head, Hands, etc.- ? Maybe I'm being a complete noob and I'm overlooking something very obvious, but any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Hi Acyrotin,

To make a skin, there are indeed templates to show how everything is mapped. I'm not sure, but i think you can find them in the SL library in your inventory. You have them for face and body, but also for clothing.

On the other hand, i'm not familiar with the Crux avatar, but i checked it out on google pics and i don't think such an avatar uses a skin. It looks more like attachments. For example the head, you would not be able to adjust your shape in such a way to get the head look like that, and then put a skin over it. It looks more like the avatar is wearing an attached head (made out of several linked prims and sculpties) with  textures on it. Also the hands and feet etc look like they are attached, instead of skin over shape.

If you still want to make a costume look for yourself, you could find a cheap copy/mod example on the marketplace, and then take (a copy of) it apart and see how it is made and what it consists of etc. Maybe you can even adjust it in such a way (with different textures and colors etc), that it looks like a costume made Crux avatar already.

Have fun!

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.