Problem with avatar?

DariusRazor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’ve got a big problem, I just joined second life and bought the avatar kit I really wanted but… something… is clearly wrong. horribly wrong.

Its suppose to look like this https://d1ij7zv8zivhs3.cloudfront.net/assets/165189/lightbox/00080d62f0e27a71175721d0bfab7306.jpg?1276914553

But instead it spawned some deformed body with parts of it. The face got horribly messed up and it even rendered two tails. I have no idea what I’ve done wrong, I’m new to all of this and though I did it right. I took the kit into a world that works, set it down, opened it, and hit copy and wear. Should I do something else?

My best guess is that there are multiple items in the inventory folder. Sometimes the creator will include more items than you should actually wear. Like having a tail attached to your pelvis and one that attaches to your stomach. In that instance you'd only need to wear one. Trying going into your inventory, remove everything from your avatar and put them on piece by piece. You might need to make a new folder and store un-worn items.

"Copy and Wear" isn't really a good idea most of the time - first of all, many things intentionally come with multiple items in the packaging and also it will automatically take off things that you're already wearing that you might want to keep on. Look in the folder that got created in your "clothing" folder and see if there's a notecard of instructions - that's common with complicated things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.