Can't login to Second Life

sfornal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have downloaded and installed the second life viewer and every time I try to run it  it crashes and then windows explorer closes the program. I have windows vista and everything is up to date and I fullfill the system requirements. I am never able to view second life to login I get a white box and then second life crashes. I have also uninstalled the program and restarted my computer and re downloaded and installed the program and I get the same results. I have also done serveral clean installs where I delet second life from both the app data roaming and local folders but nothing works. Can someone please help me ?

When I click on the second viewer icon here is what it says

1. loading second life

2. deteching hardware

3. intializing VFS

4. log crasher : app may appear frozen

5 log crasher : sending to server try 1

6 Windows closes program

1 answer to this question

It sounds like you have a borked copy of the viewer.   Try doing a clean re-install with a freshly downloaded copy.   A "clean re-install" means getting rid of all traces of the previous installation.   Not just the program folder that your Windows utility removes.   See here for instructions >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall  .  Those instructions work for any viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.