Friend with Modify Rights taking objects

Sumara Sorbet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

If I have granted modify rights to a friend and have given them the ablity to take transferable items that are rezzed in world, where would it log the transfer of ownership? I thought it used to appear in trasaction history, but I see that is no longer the case. Someone with mod rights is taking my things, but I can't prove it without logs. 

Edit:

The friend with Mod Rights has actually been taking no copy/no modify/transferable objects from in world. These are things that I've purchased elsewhere and put out for club functions and such. The items have been disappearing out of world completely. As luck would have it, my friend admitted to taking the objects and has given them back. But it seems dangerous that this would not be logged in some fashion. Any item given from inventory in a willful manner is logged in transaction history as a 0$ give inventory transfer (ie. landmarks, gestures, objects, etc).  

3 answers to this question

It is unfortunate that someone can take the items, for sure, even if we grant them the rights to move and edit things. The items do, however, inherit the rights you have set on them while they were rezzed, so if you made them no-transfer, you can be sure they will not end up on the market for sale.

Do you actually know the objects have been taken by someone? Did they actually dissapear from in world, or do you suspect someone helped themselves to copies of the items and the items are still there?

As Val says, there are no logs of these things. The best thing you can do is to revoke all your friends editing rights, and be very careful with granting them to anybody. Only give editing rights to someone you absolutely trust.

- Luc -

• Like 3

If you suspect this, remove your friend's mod rights.  If they ask why, simply say "I've had some objects go missing lately.  I'm sure it's a glitch of some sort, but I'm removing mod rights for all my friends, because I don't want to go around harboring suspicions."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.