Items taken disappeared!

Fay Serenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I selected multiple items using the Edit tool (Drag Select).

Right-clicked and selected 'Take' and it put the items in my inventory BUT several items have disappeared entirely.

I contacted the land owner who didn't receive the items neither nor did anyone in the group on my land. One of the items I bought years ago and doubt I can get back and a few of the other items were rather pricey. I had to re-buy a pricey object because people were depending on me for an event and I doubt I'll be getting a refund.

I also right-clicked the land at the time to see the amount of objects on it and it was 0 and yes I checked my inventory thoroughly including lost and found. Then I cleared my cache and tried a couple of other viewers, Then waited a couple of days to see if they would re-appear...No luck.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong but it would be difficult to get the items/linden back from the various shops and time consuming not to mention I doubt I will be refunded for everything that went missing and so I've lost some money because of this bug and so I'm not happy....

When you select multiple objects and take them into inventory, they come in as a single combined or coalesced object.  So you need to look at all the objects you brought in and rezz them somewhere to see if they are a combination of multiple objects.  See KB article below for more details

--Cinn

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

Sorry Fay, I am not meaning to insult your intelligence, but have you checked your trash folder? Could you by any chance have clicked "delete" instead of "take"?

Or could you have returned them to your inventory "in block"? In this case, they should be in one or several coalesced objects in your lost and found.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_retrieve_coalesced_items

Otherwise, please have a close look at each and every tip given in this link:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

I have already checked coalesced objects and the trash before with no luck either. I made sure to check items that had no clear description to make sure it wasn't renamed somehow and yes I'm sure I pressed Take if I had pressed delete everything else would be gone as well. I'm pretty much at a loss here :/

• 4 months later...

I wish someone would answer that question intelligently enough to FIND THE ITEMS and realize IT DISSAPEARED and no you more than likely did not delete it, heres our story.My hubby and I both have the new firestorm phoenix combo viewer and the other day he set out our OUTRAGIOUSLY EXPENSIVE DANCEBALL from DMC filled with a damn expensive package of dances which we both invested in, and he wasnt even touching it, in fact had locked it, we were dancing in it and POOF, IT WAS GONE.NO BODY WAS EVEN TOUCHING IT, it was in our private residence! It is not in his inventory, lost & found, objects, trash and the landowner did not get it.so here we set, over 10,000 L$ gone and not one person can help us, all they say is, CLEAR YOUR CASH????????? Talk about insulting our intelligence???? Do we have a crooked Linden in there doing the inventory management and just helping themselves to our hard earned items??? Hubby has read where others have lost itmes out of their inventory as well, why isn't there any answeres to this?????is it truly a case of, Linden Labs dont know and they can PROVE IT? therefor do not want to answer and furrther prove it???? I am sure because nobody has a clue, just ohh poor you.I know I wont continue to buy anything in Second Life if I have to live in fear of it dissapearning and it sure wasnt a freebie we lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Methinks they would rather tell us we are incompitents that does not know what we are doing rather than help us all find our items, because maybe they cant??????

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.