AO won't play animation.

Meow Spore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I bought a new AO and decided to add some of the old animations I used in my previous one.

It all went smooth except for a sit animation that I made myself.

Whenever I try to play that one nothing happens. I'm completely clueless why just that specific one is showing problems. I tried to redo the process, adding it to the notecard the AO uses, making sure the animation itself is in the AO. But with no different result.

Since I've done it over and over several times to make sure I did it right, I can't figure out why that one animation won't be played by the AO, while all the others I added works just fine.

I'm hoping someone has seen this happen before and know what might be wrong

Nope, it was named something else. I also tried changing the name once, but didn't work either. But what you said is what happens. SL plays the default sit animation whenever I try to use it. Even though when I try the animation from my inventory, it works fine.

It does, and all other sit animations are working, including the ones I added myself. I can't make any sense out of why the AO can't play just this one animation but anything else.

Edit: The whole thing seem so simple. Draw the animation into the AO, change the notecard for the AO, reload the notecard. Since I've tried half a dozen times I'm positive nothing can have gone wrong in those basic steps. It's like the animation itself becomes bugged when combined with that AO.

I don't think that can be it. Added lots of other animations at the same time as my first attempt, both sit and other ones. And like I said, the only one showing any kind of problem was that one sit animation.

Even after double checking that I got the name right 

Placing it in another order for the sit animations

Changing the name and double checking that I got the new name right

Adding more animations to see if the whole thing had broken down.

It's just that one damn animation messing around...

No matter what I do with it. Nothing works. Gonna have to try and make a new version of it from scratch and upload it to SL.

Edit: Is it possible the AO plays default sit instead if I set priority of the animation too low when it was made?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.