Can't tp around,load friend's list, voice and no other site will open when SL is running.

lazylover Aedipo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried to use viewer 2.0 and firestorm too but its of no use. I have even tried to check my ping and packet drops came out clean. Also I ran anti malware still no issues. tried turning off firewall but no use.

This problem started around 5 days ago.

But if i log into some place know as fur or something like that there is no problem at all with me and i can tp around a few times after i been there and all my problems are solved. but its irritating to login to that place every few mins after i get automatically logged out. Apart from that when SL is on no other website can be opened it always says server is too busy.

Any suggestions are most welcome no matter how weird they are :)

I am already playing a lot of games using ipv6 so please don't direct me to that side. And please do not be rude :)

2 answers to this question

You may not be aware the Internet is being changed from IPv4 to IPv6. This means equipment is is changing all over the globe. So, just because you have not changed doesn't mesn nothing has changed. Run an in depth test of your connection:  Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection.

Also, consider your router. Linksys WRT and Belkin models have know problems. I have mentions of the routers in various articles in my blog. The Lab is trying to fix or at least mitigate the problem. That means things may change at any time.

Hello lazylover

Weird suggestions coming up for you :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

You are able to log in to Furball (the empty water land sim) and then teleport a few times before you get logged out?  You've run ping test etc, and that came out clear.  This is suggesting to me that maybe you are having issues with load on your graphics card, rather than connection issues (although connection issues cannot be ruled out altogether).

It would be helpful if you (a) check your graphics card drivers are up-to-date; and (b) post your computer's specifications here so we can have a good look see.

You're not a newbie, and I am also thinking there is a good chance that if you have been using the same equipment to access Second Life for a while now, you may just be suffering from general wear and tear - again the graphics card issue is coming to the front of my head.

Also, you may be overheating.  Have you checked inside your equipment for dust bunnies recently and given it all a good spray out with an air duster? 

Keep us updated please.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.