Best DJ(Genre) // Host // Venue // Battle of the Bands?

Payne Lionheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Day Community!

I have just begun to frequent these forums and have not come across any events for "Best Host" // "Best DJ(Genre?) // "Battle of the Bands" // Best Venue - type events.

Has there - to anyone's knowledge - been these types of events before? There are is so much great talent in-world. I feel like I'm missing out. I know of some popular clubs from 'search', but what about the people that promote the venues? I think they deserve to be recognized. When I frequent some of these venues - the one thing I count on is having a great atmosphere. I think having a great host to set that mood is key, along with great music, and 

To me this would be a cool way to discover new venues to explore, get to know others, and get out of the cushy boxes I am already accustomed to.

... Or maybe a magazine like "Vibe" or "Rolling Stones" that caters to these different areas with interviews, fashion, events (E.g. Vote specific)???

I'd personally like to see a magazine that does this with any type of genre - Folk, Nu Metal, DnB, Pop, Future Garage, Hip Hop, etc.

I've seen contests like this in world.  Unfortunately I've never seen a legit one.  Some sponsors are only out to make money by charging entrance fees and a voting fee and could care less about the quality.  Contests winners always seem to be the person who talked the most friends into voting for them, the one with the most alts and friends with alts, or the one that has an in with the most judges, not the person who should have won on merit.  I've even seen people bribing judges and paying random newbs to tp in to vote for them.

I've seen a few magazines come and go covering this topic but they don't seem popular so don't last long.  Don't know of any currently but maybe someone else does.

There is such a wide variety of clubs and genres in SL.  What you consider to be a fantastic club I may consider to be a tacky lag fest that plays noise.  I find the best places by asking people for recommendations with tastes similar to mine or by just going out and exploring on my own or with a friend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.