Never ask personal questions about RL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sadkiel wrote:

People who keeps sl separated from rl are either ugly as ****** or male/female playing opposite gender. 

Not that I have any problems with them, but I prefer to mix RL with SL. I can't see myself asking to someone what they did today in sl or if they see the grid grass greener. Know what I mean?

Well, I don't think thats true. There are a lot good reasons not to carry all personal informations open to see for everyone. Personal safety is the first, but there are more like privacy, preventing form discrimination and so on. Its kind of a common sense to not tell a stranger everything about you (isn't that something children learn at a young age?)

Also many people come to SL to get a little escape from their real life. To relax, to roleplay....Being less pretty isn't the one and only reason for people to not display everything about their RL online.

And I'm happy with talking to people who have a sense for privacy. Less sluts, less drama, less stalkers.

"08-13-201212:02 PM

People who keeps sl separated from rl are either ugly as ****** or male/female playing opposite gender.

Not that I have any problems with them, but I prefer to mix RL with SL. I can't see myself asking to someone what they did today in sl or if they see the grid grass greener. Know what I mean?"

----------------------------------------------------

Here's my take:

People who prefer to mix RL with SL are either children or stupid.  It's those very people who, on more than just a few occassions, come to the forums whining and crying about Linden Lab needs to protect it's users.  They are being stalked, or harrassed in RL, or their account got "hacked".  They are suddenly brought into the real world.......when you are dealing with absolute strangers, with absolutely no way to know who it is that you are dealing with, you had better conduct your actions with caution.  Lots of caution.  How many terrified threads have some of us older forum users read over the years about someone actually has access to the user in a very real way?  More than just a few that I've read over the almost 7 years.

That is what you are opening yourself up to.  Get smart.....be just a little bit paranoid.  Your life (your real life, not SL life) could very well be at stake.  If not your life (as in getting hurt or killed) then your financial life.  The Internet is fun........but it's also very danerous.  Stupid people should not be allowed access........but there's not way to stop them.  I will, however, point out the stupidity everytime I see it.  Do like it?  The stop talking stupid talk.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.