SL Viewer and Firestorm in high lag

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firestorm Official V3.png

SL 3.2.4_001.png

Gillian Artis wrote:

So let me annoy you a little bit more.

Firestorm was so buggy, almost unable to deal with voice, crashing as soon as I pluged my headphones and because of that I moved to LL viewer... and gues what ? No more voices issues, no  more bake issues, no more crash in TP errors. These are not little, unimportant bugs.

If with the same computer, a viewer has more issues than the other, it because that viewer is buggy. While Firestorm interface is clearly supperior to LL Viewer that's not enough as stability is key. I was expecting a finished product & the last update was not. I do hope they fix that as I really do hate LL Viewer interface

You mention Firestorm is the more stable ? Many people experiment stability issues with Firestom, and what I am fed up with is the actual "blame the user" mentality of the Firestorm team. They need to correct the bugs that's all

And this : "
but that people refuse to accept that Computers can be fickle Creatures." This I called being insulting to people, predenting that all people don't understand computers.

These screen shots are back from when Mesh was first introduced.  I got hit with a 75% drop in my FPS.  The bottom picture, using the official viewer I was getting 5FPS.  Amazingly, using Firestorm, built on the base code, I got double that, 10 FPS.

My problem was the subject of several JIRA's.  No one could decipher why.  Linden Lab had me try A,B,C,D,E,F,G....and on.  Nothing worked.  I easily did over 20 clean installs.

My problem finally vaporized when I decided to upgrade my computer from Win Xp to Win 7.  Now SL sings for me.  Tell me, which should I blame, the Viewer or my Computer?

I'm not saying that the Viewers don't have bugs.  They all have bugs.  What I won't do is come here and trash a Viewer.  What I say to people is USE THE VIEWER THAT GIVES YOU THE BEST PERFORMANCE.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.