error message....script cannot b found

Brooke323

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi..i purchased a bed inworld & rezzed it in my linden home. it has animations & sound & all the sounds work except for one..when i click on this sound i get an error message saying that this scrpt cant b found & also wat appears to b a script icon (or the scrpt itself .not sure) can b seen on the bed itself..how can i get this script bk in the bed so it will work..i rerezzed the bed several times & i also logged in & out of SL but this didnt help.  i also contacted the seller by way of a note card & IM but got no reply bk..i kno nothing bout scripts so if u give me directions..plse try 2 make it as clear as possible

Thank You.

Brooke323

Obviously, a sound is missing - the script icon actually is a 'broken script' icon. All you can do to keep that from appearing (without fixing the bed) is moving the bed in a no script area. No scripts running - no errors.

As Io said, there is a sound that the script expects, missing. So either it is not in the inventory or not in-world at all. If you can't get the sound from the builders, you would have to take it out of the script - which again you only can do if the script in question is mod.

There is a chance that the script reads the sound name from a NC - look if you can find one. If there is one and it is mod, the sound name may be altered there

ty sooo much 4 the reply....this all sounds so complicated 2 me...im hoping i can just exchange the bed 4 another one..im trying 2 get intouch with the seller but so far no reply bk :( this is the 1 thing i h8 most about buying things... if u encounter a problem its so hard 2 get intouch with the seller :(((((

thanks again

brooke323

Contacting the seller is your best bet as you are not familiar with scripts. Just keep in mind this is the summer holiday season, and you may have to be a little patient if the merchant is on vacation... :smileywink: Without any news within one or 2 weeks, send him another notecard. If he's been away for a certain time, it is probable his IMs will be capped...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.