Problem administering outfits, cannot delete unworn items

chrisbreitling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got myself a new outfit based on the original avatar. Obviously that meant new clothes, hair, to get rid of the newbie look.

So now I have two outfits in my inventory, the default when I created the account and the new one with a new look. For that I took the original and stripped it naked :O unfortunately it has a tint on the chest that makes it difficult to use just any outfit. But I digress...

The problem is my new outfit, say "New Look" lists still ALL the items I detached or took off from the original avatar. If I select it in that outfit listing there is no option to delete it. Obviously it shouldn't delete it from the inventory because it is linked to another outfit, but in the NEW outfit it should not be listed because it is not worn and not wanted.

What can I do about that? I need to clean up.

When you created the outfit and chose to save it, did you choose save or save as?  If you chose save, everything would have gone into the same folder as the original avatar.

Always choose SAVE AS when creating a new outfit and give it a unique name that will help you remember what the outfit is for. If you are going to use the outfit feature you'll be creating more as time goes on and you acquire more clothes and avatar accessories.

You should just put on the outit again and SAVE AS a differently named outfit.  Then you can delete the 'new look' folder with the mish mash of stuff.  Your original avatar you had when you first came in SL will be in your library folder still, i you ever need it again.

Personally I don't use outfits as I tend to pick and choose what to wear, mixing and matching from among a number of things I bought separately, and probably never wear the same combination of things twice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.