I am unable to access my land. "Unable to log into the simulator".

PaulVanHelsing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First, it said "unable to log into simulator". Then I came here and saw where it said that group tags can do that sometimes, so it let me TP to another location, I disbanded the group all together. I tried to TP to my home again, and it would not let me. I am the one that owns the land. Now that I have disbanded the group, no one else can get on the land because it is no public access. My brother has land right next door to mine, and I can't TP there either and I am apart of his group. I have been for a long time. Can someone tell me what is happening?

Thanks 

Paul

2 answers to this question

Was your land deeded to the group? If it was and you disbanded the group without reopening public access, then you cannont access your own land anymore. You will have either to contact the estate manager if you are on a private sim and ask to buy the land for a symbolic Linden, or file a support ticket to LL if it is mainland.

But, as you sau you can't TP to your brother's place either, it can be related to the rolling restarts ongoing today.

[updated] Second Life Main Channel Rolling Restart

[updated 4:53am PDT, 31 July 2012] we will be beginning rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel shortly.

[Posted 1:55pm PDT, 30 July 2012] We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the main Second Life server channel. They will begin on Tuesday, July 31st at approximately 5:00AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects, making inworld L$ transactions and remember to save all builds.

• Like 1

When you get that error message, the first thing to do is check the Grid Status Reports to see whether Linden Lab is dealing with a system-wide problem or doing maintenance.  Then, if that isn't the answer, you suspect your router.  Reboot it by unplugging from the power for a few minutes.  THEN you start worrying about more complicated things like the group tag problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.