Computer question.

Ediniidia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Out of the box that computer will run SL at low to medium settings.  It has an intergrated graphics processor which is marginal for SL......however, you have 10 GB of system RAM that will overcome some of the problems with a low end GPU.  The specs for the computer tell me it's pretty upgradable so you can spend a couple hundred more for a very good discrete card if you want (now or later, whatever your budget allows) and have a very good computer for SL capable of high settings and even ultra with some performance hit.

The price looks like an excellent deal for an off the shelf computer.

This set up will run SL you will not be happy with your FPS though it makes a good base to build on As far as the ATI graphics SL is not friendly towards ATI I have no idea why.  The first thing you will need to save for is a middle range Nvidia card. I changed from Nvid to ATI on my ancient system )) because they made the fastest AGP setup with the 3850. One thing you will need to do is back out the drivers to 12.1 as it is the last set that functions well with SL. The 12.1 drivers are not that old (January 2012) so its not a big deal but the new ones will give you many problems. Mid range Nvidia cards are becoming a lot cheaper now that they have released the 6 series cards also you can find a good used mid range card on ebay for less than 80 dollars these days.

With low expectations I think you'll be fine until you can save up for a discrete graphics card. 

Once you have the GPU you'll never be satisfied going back to on-board graphics. 

I started a thread asking about GT 640 cards...given the discussion I've decided that for a few dollars more I am now looking at the GTX 550ti.  The 550 is a pretty good GPU and runs about $130ish these days.  Because it is last year's model it will hopefully start dropping in price pretty soon.  Keep your eye open for sales while saving up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.