Linden Dollars

Mony80

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't understand how someone can send you L$ anonymously.   If you check your transaction history at https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php you should be able to see who sent you the money.

If you don't recognise the avatar who sent it, maybe they sent it you by mistake.   You could contact them to ask them why they sent it you.   

Since you are concerned about it, I think you should put in a support ticket (or, if you are a premium member, contact live help) and report what has happened, giving the reference details for the gift.

Don't say they are "illegal L$" because you don't know that -- it might be a mistake.   Just explain that you've received these L$ and you do not understand why, and you have contacted the donor but he has not replied.

Then you have it on record that you have reported your concerns and are acting in good faith.

In my experience, it's very unlikely you'd get banned.

Way back when I started, I made the mistake of buying some L$ from a website that turned out to be dodgy.     A day or so later, I woke up to find an email in my in-box saying I had receieved some L$ from an account that was involved in fraud, and my account was suspended until I provided a satisfactory explanation.

So I replied, explaining exactly what had happened, stressing I'd acted in good faith, and went off to work.  By the time I returned that evening, I'd recevied another email, saying the L$ had been removed from my account, my account was re-instated, and be more careful in future.

So, provided you're acting in good faith, I really don't think you have much to worry about.   Simply report the matter to LL, since you are anxious about it, and see what they have to say.

Mony80 wrote:

consider it as someone want to banned me ?? and sent me linden from stolen credit card and report on me... that's i was talking about it , i want you guys to see this point from bigger view

Wouldn't any one sending you L$ from a stolen credit card all so be reporting them selves by reporting you, any transfer of L$ is traceable by LL.  All so grieffers almost never have payment info on file, so not likely  to be using a credit card.  Have you bought any thing recently and may be got a refund from a failed delivery, or if you accidental made a double purchase on the marketplace and a merchant send you a refund for one of the items.  How long has it been since you connected the person that sent you the L$ not every one is here every day or may live in a different time zone. 

If you want us to consider that some one is trying to do this to get you banned, then you should consider why anyone would go to this length and risk to do so, if you can't think of any reason, then I just can't see this happening randomly to some one.

If you don't feel save with the L$ some one sent you, you could just send it back, other wise contacting LL is the only way to verify if it's it's safe to keep if you think it's stolen.

It must have been a large amount of Linden Dollars for you to be this concerned.

Innula has given you solid advice....filing a support ticket.

The unanswered question here that only you can answer is why are you being targeted like this?

You also posted this thread:   http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/CopyBot-Items/m-p/1617401

Have you been behaving like the OP in this thread has been?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Griefers/td-p/1605069/page/2

Really, I am not asking you to answer this question here, but generally speaking griefers don't go after people with out a reason.

But again, to repeat, Innula has given you very solid advice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.